Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways In 100 Days. #46 - Cave Painting

I'm going to make an abrupt direction change, as I am wont to do with my Artistic ADD, so grab your computer screen and hang on.


(My favorite bumper sticker in the whole wide world.)
(And, no, I don't like it because I drive like a maniac, I like it because it makes me giggle.  People who ride with me aren't in mortal danger.)
(Well...hardly ever.)

I've never taken an art history class, but I find the constant evolution of the craft intriguing, with the varying artistic movements and which aspects of art took precedence in each movement.  I thought it would be amusing to hop into the nearest time-traveling DeLorean  with the bear and take a little tour of our artistic past.




What better place to start than right at the very beginning?


Cave Painting Bear
Acrylic on illustration board

6 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Hahahahahaha. I love your humor and he is a cracker jack! You should have seen my face when I checked to see what the bear would be today. CAVE BEAR painting? Good girl. Well you did finger painting so why not?

debwardart said...

Just when I think you have thought of it all .... you amaze me!

Margaret said...

This should be fun. I'm assuming we are in for a bit of a art-history lessons for a while...?

Lisa Walsh said...

Ginny - I would have loved to see your face!

Deb - I hope I haven't thought of it all...I have 56 more bears to go!

Margaret - I'll try not to bore everyone with the art history, but there will be a quiz at the end of the period. :P

RH Carpenter said...

Clever girl! I like this cave bear - does that make you a clan of the cave bear woman?

Lisa Walsh said...

I guess I'm a Clan of the Acrylic Cave Bear woman, Rhonda.