Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways In 100 Days. #45 - Digital

And now for something....almost completely the same!  I loaded the sketch outline of the cartoon bear into Photoshop and 'painted' it there.  Painting with the mouse gets a bit tricky at times.  It made me think about putting a digital graphics tablet on my "Boy I Really Wish I Could Get One But It Probably Won't Ever Happen" Christmas list.

Digital Bear

The thing about digital painting is....it makes me wistfully wish that acrylic paints had an 'undo' button. 

6 comments:

Terri Buchholz said...

Check it out! Ain't you sumpin'! Your imagination is endless. I'm so techno-impaired, anyone who can do anything on Illustrators or Photoshop totally impresses me! Maybe there's a future here with a comic strip, or greeting cards, or video games, like "Grand Theft Auto - the Polar Edition".

Lisa Walsh said...

Totally ROTFL-ing, Terri! Can't you just picture him cruising the strip in a low rider with his Ray-Bans on and rap music on the big honkin' car stereo, and saying things like "Yo" and "Word". OMG I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears.

Terri Buchholz said...

Leaping out of his ride to thump a poor little seal or penguin...

Lisa Walsh said...

...he has walruses as body guards, and a little arctic fox as one of those 'weaselly snitch' characters.

OMG, we're really sick puppies. I love it.

RH Carpenter said...

I love this - it's so fun! I know whatyou mean about that undo button!! I've heard that there are Wacom tablets that are under $100 so maybe not so far out of your reach?

Lisa Walsh said...

Hmmmmm Rhonda, that sounds quite tempting. But when I really think about it, the last thing I need is something else that will keep me glued to the computer, which is slowly and insidiously sucking all the free time out of my life.