Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways In 100 Days. #72 - Morning Light

Well, I should say it was more of an attempt at trying to create morning light.  The thought was to use a cool Hansa Yellow, and complement it with a warm violet, with a bit of yellow-green to add more coolness to the shadows, and keep the value range high key.  The yellow-green is quite chromatic, and it got out of hand, overwhelming the weaker Hansa yellow.

Morning Light Bear

Hmmmmm.  It didn't work like I pictured it, possibly because I used the cool light/warm shadow plan again. Perhaps if I reversed it?  Your thoughts?  

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love it! I've really been enjoying seeing what you've painted for this challenge. I think it is especially difficult to take a single subhject and come at it from all sorts of creative angles. You are succeeding at this magnificently!

Lisa Walsh said...

Thanks Claire. I'm having to push my imagination to it's limit!