Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways In 100 Days. #66 - Complementary Triad

This scheme produces an interesting mix of colors.  First pick a pair of complements, then pick one of the two colors that lie directly between the two on the color wheel.


For this scheme, I picked the complementary pair yellow-orange and blue-violet.  To complete the triad, I picked magenta (it probably should have been more of a red).  My other option for the third color would have been green.


 Complementary Triad Bear

I went with the cool light/warm shadow idea with this scheme, and like the way it works.

2 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

I so admire the discipline involved in this project (and seriously need some of that myself!) This bear works beautifully, I love the colours - and congratulations on your 101st post!

Lisa Walsh said...

Welcome, Cathy, and much thanks. I'm not sure if it's discipline or insanity sometimes. :-)