Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways In 100 Days. #31 - Conte Pencil on Neutral Color

Unexpected treasures just make my day. My art supply archaeological dig in the basement closets that resulted in the dusty box of pastels also yielded a stash of nice Canson and Strathmore papers, as well as some Bristol boards.  It's like putting your spring jacket on for the first time in the fall, and finding cash in the pocket.

Only one Conte pencil drawing was scheduled on my original list of one hundred ways to do this bear.  Given that this is the third, I'm obviously reveling in the paper discovery.

Gray Conte Bear

Here's to relishing life's little unexpected pleasures.

3 comments:

debwardart said...

Well now - yours is the first blog I'm returning to after my art retreat, and I had to go back to many prior posts to catch up with the bear. My comments on several:
21 - Great!
22 - Like 21 better.
25 - As mentioned in a comment - what a great idea to take all of these and create a quilt collage at the end!!!
27 - Pastels fascinate me too but, I agree, too much dust. (You might try suede board)
28 - Crayons! Yippee! And your description took me back to the first day of late elementary school when we finally purchased the "big box" for me - I was in heaven!
29 - 30 - 31 - All excellent!
You are doing great work and I'm learning from you - if nothing else - PATIENCE! Love the use of various mediums - you are amazing!

Murr Brewster said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm quietly visiting the bears every couple days because they all make me smile. Which I like to do.

Lisa Walsh said...

Hey Deb, welcome back! I hope your artistic journey was a good one, and you'll have lots to show us. Thanks for the feedback, I really value your views and opinions.

Howdy Murr! Good to hear from you. I'm lurking quietly on your blog, too. Well, not so quietly...a lot of laughter on my end thanks to the wit on your end.