Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways in 100 Days. #21 - Warm Light, Cool Shadow

Let's add one more element to our value bear: warm and cool differences.  For this study, I cleaned the dust off the colored pencil collection and cleared the cobwebs from the colored pencil section of my brain. It's been awhile since I've used these.   One nice thing about using the pencils is that the warm/cool differences and the values are all ready to go, no mixing required.  That's one check in the advantage column for using dry media.


Warm/Cool Bear
Colored Pencil on paper

Most of the bear is in shadow, the differences are subtle and don't photograph well, but trust me, they're there. 


Now, since I have a thing for dragons AND animated movies, we're off to see "How To Train Your Dragon" before it leaves the theaters.  I already have a smile on my face.

No comments: