- Set up a simple still life subject.
- Draw three 4 X 4 inch squares on the substrate of your choice.
- In the first square, create a simple line drawing of the subject.
- In the second square, create the line drawing again. Now paint the drawing in grayscale using no more than 40 brushstrokes.
- Create the drawing again in the third square. Paint the drawing in color, using no more than 80 brushstrokes.
Limited Brushstroke Bear
Acrylic on paper
As far as I was concerned, as long as the brush didn't leave the paper, it counted as only one brushstroke.
Which accounts for all the long, strange, squiggly strokes.
I called it done at 58. The signature initials don't count. Hey, it's my rules. :-)