Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways in 100 Days. #1: Line. (The Bear Necessity)

Welcome to the inaugural post of the 'Artistic Polar Bear: 100 Ways in 100 Days' project.  Deep breath.  Here we go.

To keep things quick and simple, all of the participants in this little art parade are going to be 5" x  7", unless otherwise noted.

I thought it was time to get back to the drawing board.  Literally. Back to looking at line and form and shape.  Nothing better than a continual line drawing to start us off. 

Continuous Line Bear
Pencil on paper

Working with color is going to be a distant memory for a little while.  Time to start building from the ground up.  No muss, no fuss.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I have had so much fun on your blog! I enjoy your creativity, humor, and artistic ability. I look forward to many more posts. And I might borrow your idea of "100 Ways" ...but tweak it to "10 Ways". (If you don't mind) If I do, I will give you credit and refer any viewers of my blog to check yours out!!

Lisa Walsh said...

Hi there, Margaret! Welcome, thank you, and glad you enjoy the blog. I'd be honored if you used the "100 Ways..." idea. I'm finding it very helpful because it takes the focus off of the subject and puts it on whatever idea I'm trying, so I learn a little from each study. You might find yourself doing more than 10!