Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Artistic Polar Bear Challenge: 100 Ways in 100 Days. #9: Mud

As an avid gardener, I enjoy getting dirt under my fingernails.  So why not use it as a medium?  This is another one I did while all the neighbors were at work so they wouldn't have to wonder why the crazy lady next door was now manipulating mud on the sidewalk. 

Mud Bear
Mud on concrete

The grittiness of the mud and the texture of the sidewalk were challenging, making this bear look like some genetic experiment gone horribly wrong.  But the biggest challenge was keeping my furry art critics from viewing this mess-terpiece until it was done.



I think that look says it all, don't you?

8 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

LOVE this! Not crazy at all - pure art with pure materials :) And that look...well, I think maybe you would have gotten a better review if you'd painted a mud dog? ha ha

Lisa Walsh said...

Doesn't that expression just say "Aw Mom,...WTF are you doing now?" :-)

Terri Buchholz said...

Your dog looks skeptical - hope he didn't engage in a little performance art on your painting there. Everyone's a critic.

Lisa Walsh said...

LOL Terri. I don't think she even thought it would be worth the effort to deface it.

debwardart said...

Actually, I think it looks great! And the dog's expression made me laugh out loud - who says animals can't talk!!!!
p.s. I'm waitin' fer that cookie!!

Lisa Walsh said...

OK, Deb...but it may have a bite or two out of it when you get it!

Jeanette Jobson said...

I came across your blog from someone elses and glad I did. I love your explorations of 100 media/100 days.

The dog photos made me smile too. THey are always our worst critics.

Lisa Walsh said...

Thank you, Jeanette, and welcome. You have some beautiful work on your blog. I particularly like the 'Funky Chicken'.