Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Crawling From the Wreckage

I'm baaaaaack.  Thanks to everyone who kept checking in during my self-imposed Oh My Gawd I Have To Get These Paintings Done Right Now I Have No Time To Do Anything Else hiatus from this blog.  I was ensconced in marathon painting sessions, which seemed to be akin to extended sessions in an isolation tank, trying to finish two works before the party deadline.  I did.  The results were bloodshot eyes, a sore back, having an image of the seat of my office chair nearly permanently imprinted on my backside, and a stiffened right hand that still appears to be holding an invisible brush.

The other results were these:



Hungry Eyes
14" X 11", acrylic on cradled hardboard panel
©2009, Lisa Walsh



Tusk
24" X 18", acrylic on cradled hardboard panel
© 2009, Lisa Walsh

I dipped into the 80's pop charts to name these, hits by Eric Carmen and Fleetwood Mac seemed appropriate if not very imaginative titles.  Both pieces gave me fits for various reasons.   I went through a massive bout of Hue Schizophrenia with the elephant; painting a layer, not liking the color, then repainting the layer, not liking the color...etc., etc., etc.  I won't even bother to post progress photos...it would take another whole blog to do so.  When all was said and done, I was satisfied with the way they turned out.  Not thrilled. Not even particularly happy.  I think I was much happier that I was able to get them done, so I could release myself from my ten-day personal exile in the studio.  Don't get me wrong, I love Studio Exile time.  But every once in a while it's good to get out and interact with the world at large.

And the best result of all?  After seeing my work at the party, one of the elephant keepers actually wants to buy the elephant painting.

Really?

Seriously??

OMG, wow!

That's what it's all about, isn't it?  Using your heart and mind and talents to create something, and then someone else comes along, and it speaks to them, and they like it so much they want to have it for their very own.

Huh.  Whaddaya know.  Maybe I can actually do this artist thing.  For real. 

I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope......

My Muse can't stop smiling.  To believability, and beyond!


No comments: