Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mug shot

Life has gotten in the way of blogging, so in an effort not to let this blog go completely stale, I'll post a quick study I did of my dog, Hailey. She was sitting in the living room with the window behind her, the afternoon sun lighting her up from behind, and a smile on her face. Thankfully my camera is an almost permanently attached appendage, I got a great photo of her, and based this piece on that.


No lines, no major prep...just an exercise in getting color on canvas. Looking at it now, I'd mute those front canine teeth somewhat, as she looks a bit like a vampire. Do dogs sparkle? And since I'm not a 'Twilight" fan, what the hell does that mean, anyway?

My Muse is off somewhere working on an Around-The-House-To-Do list. To responsibility, and beyond.

No comments: