Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Zoned Out

Multitasking is not my cup of tea. I'm definitely a singular focus type of gal, particularly when it comes to art. When I have an idea in my head, it's almost like I have to get it out and down on a substrate before it poofs off into the nether reaches of my brain, never to be seen or heard from again. When I'm painting, as it is for many artists, the focus is sometimes so strong that nothing else exists besides the idea in the mind, the hand holding the brush, and the canvas. A triangle impenetrable by any outside stimuli. Yes.....it is (let's all say it together in hushed reverence):

"The Zone"

And I get downright cranky when things like life's little affairs, appointments, chores, and responsibilities pull me out of "The Zone".

So I'm somewhat miffed right now. I have a piece I'd really like to be working on, but there are things to see, places to do, and people to go. Or something like that. Given the time crunch, I'll simply post a quick, fun little piece done as my latest entry for Karin Jurick's Different Strokes blog.





"Chance of Sprinkles"
5" X 7"
Acrylic on Canson Montval Acrylic paper












Hate to leave, but there is much to do, and fun to be had beyond the easel.

My Muse is brewing me up a cup of calming herbal tea. To irritability, and beyond.

No comments: